Breakdown assistance in England, Scotland and Wales
Breakdown assistance only applies to vehicles up to 15 years old.
Using this breakdown assistance will not affect your no claims bonus.
If you cannot drive the vehicle as a result of a breakdown,
we will arrange and pay for:
- one hours labour at the roadside or at your home; and
- towing the vehicle to the nearest competent repairer or to a garage of your choice, within 25 miles of where your vehicle broke down.
Completing the journey
If the repairs cannot be completed where the vehicle broke down and you are away from home (at least 2 miles), we can arrange and pay up to £100 for one of the following.
In England, Scotland and Wales (including the Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
- Transport for you and your passengers to your intended destination within the territorial limits; or
- use of a replacement vehicle for up to 48 hours while repairs are being carried out; or
- bed-and-breakfast-only accommodation for one night only while repairs are being carried out. If the vehicle is repaired, we will provide the cost of public transport for you to collect the vehicle.
In the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
- A replacement car for up to 48 hours, up to £100.
- If the car cannot be repaired before the departure date,
we will cover the cost of towing the car to the port you
are leaving from, up to £250.
The help provided depends on the options available to us
at the time you contact us. For example, we may not be
able to arrange car hire in rural areas in the early hours of
For more information, please refer to theCar Insurance Policy Booklet.