Who is Quinn-direct?
is a trading name of Liberty Insurance Limited. Our head office is at Dublin Road, Cavan, Ireland and we have support offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- The Liberty Centre, Blanchardstown Retail Park, Dublin 15
- 3 Lawnakilla Way, Carran Business Park, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 4RZ
Company VAT registration number IE9779244F.
Who regulates us?
Liberty Insurance Limited trading as Quinn-direct
is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland. Liberty Insurance is registered on the Financial Services Register under registration number 569833.
Liberty Insurance Limited, trading as Quinn-direct
is a member of the following:
Financial services complaints we cannot settle may be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme
is the UK’s compensation fund of last resort for customers of authorised financial services firms.
Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE)
The Department for Transport have introduced Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE). This new scheme will compare vehicles on the Motor Insurance Database MID
with DVLA/DVLNI records to identify potentially uninsured vehicles. From 2011, if there is no record on the MID
showing your vehicle is insured, and you have not declared it as ‘off road’, you will receive a letter warning you that you could face a fine, prosecution, and the vehicle could also be clamped, seized and ultimately, destroyed.
This new approach is being introduced to protect honest motorists and do even more to prevent people from driving without insurance.
What do I need to do?
The good news is, if you are insured with Quinn-direct
, there is no need to worry. Quinn-direct
currently upload your policy details to the MID
, however, it would be good to get into the habit of checking that your vehicle details are correct on the MID
. This will avoid the inconvenience of you being unnecessarily contacted or worse, stopped by the police. So if you check www.askMID.com
and your vehicle details are not correct, then you should contact us on 0845 850 0845 to get the MID
Whose products do we offer?
We only offer Quinn-direct
products and services. Any products purchased directly do not contain any brokerage or intermediary fees.
All insurance premiums are inclusive of the relevant 6% Insurance Premium Tax.
All insurance quotations unless otherwise specified are for the contract duration of 12 months. When your insurance policy is due for renewal we will notify you approximately 30 calendar days in advance.
Choice of Law
We can both choose the law which will apply to the contract. Unless we agree otherwise with you English law will apply to UK policies.
Any dispute between you and us may be referred, within nine calendar months of the dispute arising, to an arbitrator we both agree to. If we cannot agree, the president of a relevant national law society will appoint an arbitrator.
is committed to providing all our customers with a high standard of service at all times. We realise that things can go wrong and there may be occasions where you feel our service has let you down. As a valued customer you have the right to complain.
- In the first instance, please contact our staff directly to see if we can resolve any concerns you may have. Phone: 0845 850 0845.
- If you are unhappy with our response you can address your concerns in writing to our Customer Service Manager at:
or email email@example.com
Carran Business Park
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- On receipt of your complaint it will be acknowledged with a phone call.
- Our staff will attempt to resolve your complaint immediately. If this is not possible, we promise to acknowledge your complaint within 1 week of receipt. In the unlikely event that your complaint has not been resolved within 4 weeks of its receipt, we will write and let you know the reasons why and the further action we will take.
- If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction or if we haven't provided you with a decision after 8 weeks, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR. (Phone: 0845 080 1800)
We value feedback and welcome it as an opportunity to build improved quality into everything that we do. We believe that your feedback will help us provide a better service.
Right of withdrawal in respect of distance contracts
You have the right to withdraw from this policy, provided you have not made a claim within 14 days of the latest of:
- the starting date of your policy, or
- the day on which you receive the contractual terms and conditions of your policy
In order for you to exercise this right in relation to a motor vehicle insurance policy we must receive the relevant certificate of insurance. You will be charged a pro-rata premium for the period you are on cover as well as an administration fee of £35.
You can exercise this right by providing your intention to withdraw from the contract in writing to any of the above addresses or email@example.com
Choice of Language
Your policy and all communications between you and us will be in English
Security & Privacy
Frequently Asked Questions